"An Act to Amend Chapters 65 and 66 of Title 33 of the Public Health Law of the Liberian Code of Laws Revised and to Grant Autonomy to the Liberian Board for Nursing and Midwifery in the Republic of Liberia"
66.3 Scope of Practice of Midwifery
Midwifery refers to those activities which midwives are educated, competent and authorized to perform which include:
- Provision of care and advice for women during pregnancy, labor and during postpartum period.
- Health counseling and education for women, the family and community including preparation for parenthood.
- Provision of family planning
- detection of abnormal conditions in the mother and child
- Execution of primary and secondary emergency measures in the absence of medical help.
This Act shall take effect immediately upon publication into handbills.
ANY LAW TO THE CONTRARY NOTWITHSTANDING.